Now, Back in stock!
NEW SETUP Be sure to listen to the updated recording of this banjo
It has finally arrived!
and Bluegrass recording history was made. “The Bluegrass Album” with
Tony Rice, J.D. Crowe, Bobby Hicks, Doyle Lawson and Todd Phillips
redefined the direction of the music for the next generation. The banjo
pictured on the cover and recorded on the Bluegrass Album was a prewar
RB-3 that has been with Saga for more than 30 years. For the past five
years, we have charted a course which has finally resulted in the
recreation of that legendary banjo…an instrument that produced some of
the finest examples of banjo tone that have ever been recorded.
- Traditional V-shaped neck with single truss rod
- Deep arch, tapered wall resonator
- Period-correct twin purfling rings
- Deluxe Gold Star 4:1 Pancake Planets for precise easy tuning
- Bound Santos tonewood fingerboard
- No-hole, cast, machined flathead tone ring
- Note: This banjo is brand new, and has no fifth string railroad spikes. I will gladly and properly install the spikes at the fret locations you request, at no charge. Just be sure to let me know if you want them, and if so where. If I don’t hear from the purchaser I’ll send a message asking about this. Typically, a lot of players like them at fret locations of 7, 9 and 10 but there are no rules, and this personal decision is yours to make.
We’re excited to have our first new Gold Star model banjo in years. It is completed by a very special certificate of authenticity signed by Richard Keldsen of Saga and JD Crowe himself.
Of course we’ll back your purchase with our 14-day customer satisfaction guarantee. The manufacturer suggests we price this banjo at $1.980.00 with the case. You won’t pay that at Beyond Guitars!