Hear this banjo played here:
Gold Tone’s CC-mini banjo is another awesome instrument from Gold Tone! This time in a very compact package!
Whether you’re a student or an experienced player, I know you’ll fall in love with your new CC-mini!
At home with small and large players- Play clawhammer, three finger, any way you play the five string.
When this instrument became available to us at Beyond Guitars, it looked very cute and handy. But I have to tell you, I soon realized that this little banjo may easily become the banjo you play more often than any you’ve ever had! Be sure to listen to this banjo demonstrated using the player above.
Being very similar to a banjo/ukulele in size and tone, it is Shrunken down to be kept close at hand at any moment. it’s advertised as a travel banjo, and it can pack away in a small space. But it’s got a lot more going for it than that! The Cripple Creek Mini (CC-Mini) Is very much like the phenomenally popular CC-100 banjo, only smaller. The same maple neck with rosewood fretboard (tuned to C, like the fifth fret of a full-sized banjo) and hard rock maple rim (but just eight inches in diameter) The Mini has many handy, extraordinary and practical applications that exceed those of a regular, full sized banjo.
These are what I see are at least some of the best uses this banjo is good at:
- I really must start with the first rate quality. With a solid feel and sturdy construction it’s a serious instrument. It stays in tune. It is not flimsy. The best woods are used to build it. We are proud to carry it here at Beyond Guitars.
- Starting with the most obvious, it’s a perfect travel banjo.
- The ideal child’s instrument for the young picker.
- It’s a very handy banjo to keep anywhere, for those sudden bursts of inspiration you might have at any time.
- Keep it in the car.
- Keep it in the camper or boat, ready for quick getaways.
- Keep it in your home office, hanging on the wall- it doesn’t take up much space and it is a unique decorative feature as well.
- Keep it anywhere you spend a lot of time, in the home, workshop or at work.
- On the wall, this banjo can be a real conversation piece, and it offers you a chance to display your musical side with people who may not know your interest in the banjo any other way. It may be small but you can’t miss it!
- Naturally tuned to the key of C Major, adding spikes (we will do it free for you) and a capo, you have D, E and F also easily available to you.
- The best feature for folks with large hands, the neck is not extra narrow. The banjo may be small but the nut width is 1-3/16″ so it’s as comfortable to play as your standard sized banjo.
It measures only 28 inches long. It’s light weight, and if you have it hanging on a wall hanger behind your chair, you can reach back, grab the steel rod inside the pot and easily lift if off the hanger with just one hand!
- Neck: Maple
- Finish: Natural Gloss
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony Cap
- Tuners: Sealed Guitar-Style
- Inlay: Snowflake
- Truss Rod: Two-Way Adjustable
- Tone Ring: Rolled Brass
- Rim: Multi-Ply Maple
- Tension Hoop: Flat Bar
- Binding: Black ABS
- Brackets: 16
- Hardware: Chrome Plated
- Pickups: Optional
- Tailpiece: No-Knot
- Armrest: Vega-Style
- Head: 8″ LC Smooth
- Number of Frets: 19
- Nut Width: 1-3/16″ Bone
- Scale Length: 19-3/4″
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Tuning: C5, G3, C4, E4, G4
- Tuning (Alternate): GDGBD
- Strings: .011, .024w, .016, .013, .011
- Strings (Alternate): .016, .034w, .024w, .018, .016
- Bag: HCC